How a Contractor Registers (with Additional Registration or License Requirements)
Start the Registration Process
Remember: A contractor cannot self-register for a CommunityConnect account until this feature has been enabled for your jurisdiction.
- Click self-registration link
- Select the user type
Enter email address
- Check email and click the confirmation link
Complete Contractor Registration
- Enter your company name
- Select your trades
- Select licenses you are applying for (depending on the jurisdiction you are registering with, you may or may not see the option to select licenses to apply for)
Enter and/or upload Registration Requirements
- Enter registration requirements and/or upload required documents. Requirements will vary by jurisdiction, trade type, and license type.
Enter Profile Information
Review Registration and Setup Password
If you need to make changes to any part of your registration, click the Back button on the bottom of any registration screen to return to the previous screens:
After Submitting Registration, What's next?
If you don't see the email in your Inbox, please also check your spam or junk folders. Thank you!
You will receive an email that your registration is Pending Validation
Your registration will be reviewed by the building department
Registration will either be:
- Returned for more information
After your registration has been reviewed and accepted by the building department, you will receive an email, similar to this. Follow the link in the email to log in to CommunityConnect and apply for a permit online.
If the jurisdiction needs more information, you will receive an email similar to this:
- Login to CommunityConnect to resubmit registration
- Click the Additional Information Needed icon on the CommunityConnect Dashboard
- Click Update Requirements next to the requirements that are marked as Needs Info, then Resubmit
After review by the building department, if your review is denied, you will receive an email similar to this: