7/3/23: What's new in CommunityCore
Every two weeks, we release improvements to our systems and highlight what is new for you. To request any of the features from this update be enabled and customized for your jurisdiction, please fill out this quick form. Thank you!
TL;DR (“Too Long; Didn’t Read”)
Once enabled, with these updates, you can:
Choose to notify contractors of licenses that are about to expire, limit what permit types they can apply for based on their issued licenses, and set longer expiration dates on certain license types.
- Too many expiration notices to send out!? If you have online license renewals enabled, the system can also send renewal notifications!
- Limit what permit types contractor can apply for based on their contractor licenses
- Do your licenses have longer or shorter expiration timeframes? Now we can set expiration dates per license type.
Contractor License Expiring Notifications
No more crazy expiration madness to let your contractors know they are expired! We can turn on a feature that will automatically send out a notification to your contractors that their contractor license(s) is getting ready to expire. This can be sent from one month to six months before the license is set to expire.
Little, but important details about this feature:
- Currently, this notification can only be enabled if you have Contractor Online License Renewal set up. (You can request Online License Renewal be set up and customized for your jurisdiction here.)
- Once set, the reminder email will be sent each month until expired or until renewed (whichever comes first) and then 7 days before the expiration date.
- Contractors can unsubscribe from these notifications if they wish.
If you choose to enable this for your jurisdiction, the renewal notification will be similar to this:
Limit Permit Types by Contractor License Type
To make things easier on you and your contractors, we can now customize what permit types a contractor can apply for based on their issued licenses.
For example, we have set this up in our training jurisdiction so a contractor with a roofing license is only able to apply for re-roof permits, like this:
Customize Expiration Dates for Specific Licenses
Are you tired of keeping track of license expiration dates and moving them out every year because your licenses only last one year? Now we can help you manage those extended expiration dates!
For example, we set up this General Contractor's License to expire after two years (instead of the default one year):
If you would like to request that any of these features be enabled for your jurisdiction, please fill out this short form. Thank you!
The CommunityCore development team releases enhancements to the web app every two weeks. If you have a request for an improvement or have identified an issue in CommunityCore, contact our Support team at email@example.com.