6/5/23: What's new in CommunityCore & CommunityConnect?
Every two weeks, we release improvements to our systems and highlight what is new for you. The latest changes were deployed over the weekend. You don't need to do anything to see these updates in CommunityCore or CommunityConnect.
TL;DR (“Too Long; Didn’t Read”)
- On the Search screen, search for properties, cases, and violations
- New contractor self-registration features released
- Sign up to receive email notifications when a new contractor self-registration has been submitted (even if your jurisdiction does not have to approve registrations).
Search Properties & Cases
Now, from the Search screen, you can also search for Properties and Cases.
If Code Enforcement is enabled for your jurisdiction, you can search for cases using the Cases tab.
New Contractor Self-Registration Features
A few weeks ago, we released Phase 1 of our new Contractor Self-Registration features (option #1 in the table below).
Now, we added two new ways for contractors to self-register. In this release, you can allow a contractor to self-register, but they will need to provide certain information. You can choose to be notified when new registrations are submitted so you can then approve, request more information, or deny the application.
New Self-Registration Options
- Contractor Self-Registration with Application (option #2 in the table below)
- Contractor Self-Registration with Application & Licenses (option #3 in the table below)
Do you want to allow your contractors to self-register? If so, fill out a form to get started.
You can choose from three options:
- Option 1: Self-registration with automatic acceptance
- Option 2: Self-registration with application requirements
- Option 3: Self-registration with application and license requirements
If you choose options 2 or 3, you will need to provide us with the application requirements for each trade and/or license type.
Once we have completed your setup, we will send you a link that your contractors (and community members) can use to register online.
Reviewing Application in the Registration Inbox
The Registration Inbox is viewable for jurisdictions that have enabled Option 2 or Option 3.
In the new Registration Inbox, you can review, approve, deny, or request more information on contractor registration applications submitted to your jurisdiction.
If your jurisdiction does not have this type of contractor self-registration enabled, you will not see the Registration Inbox.
Optional: Auto Issue License
Now, when you are adding a license, you can choose to have the contractor license auto-issued once all license fees have been paid.
Related how-to guides
Related setup forms
- Ability to allow contractors can renew their licenses online
Email notifications when customer self-registers
If you have contractor self-registration enabled in your jurisdiction, you can choose to receive an email notification when a contractor self-registers or resubmits their contractor registration.
To have this notification added, please fill out this quick form.
The CommunityCore development team releases enhancements to the web app every two weeks. If you have a request for an improvement or have identified an issue in CommunityCore, contact our Support team at email@example.com.