4/10/23: What's new in CommunityCore & CommunityConnect
Every two weeks, we release improvements to our systems and highlight what is new for you. The latest changes were deployed over the weekend. You don't need to do anything to see these updates in CommunityCore or CommunityConnect.
TL;DR (“Too Long; Didn’t Read”)
With these updates, now you can:
- Assign any authorized users in a contracting company as a Company Admin, allowing them to manage some areas of their company profile.
Duplicate permit warning
When saving or accepting an application with the same address and permit type as an active permit in the system, you will get a notification like this, warning you that you may be creating a duplicate.
In this update, we added a new set of user permissions (called Company Admins) that we think will make your life easier when managing contracting companies!
What is a Company Admin
- Contractor user, part of a contracting company
- An authorized online user for a contracting company that has additional permissions to manage certain aspects of their company's profile.
This will make your life easier
What permissions does a Company Admin have?
- Edit most Company Details fields
- Add authorized online users for their company
- Remove users from their company
- Update user contact info
- Resend email to new users to set up their account
- Assign other users in their company as Company Admins
- Remove Company Admin privileges from a user
- Check or uncheck trades
👉Read more: Fields a Company Admin can edit
How to assign a Company Admin
View how-to guides for more information
To help you get started, we have already assigned company admins for you in companies that have 3 or fewer employees. In a company's profile, you can see which users have been assigned as Company Admins.
The CommunityCore development team releases enhancements to the web app every two weeks. If you have a request for an improvement or have identified an issue in CommunityCore, contact our Support team at email@example.com.